YMCA OF DANE COUNTY EMPLOYMENT
Adaptive Programs Lead Staff
Under the direction of the Adaptive Programs Coordinator, the Adaptive Programs Lead Staff assists with program development, management and quality control of the Adaptive Department. This position actively provides premier member service and motivating enrichment and/or sports instruction for individuals with disabilities with an emphasis on member engagement in accordance with the mission, strategic plan, goals and all policies and procedures of the YMCA of Dane County, Inc. and the YUSA Best Practices.
- Assists with program development, management and quality control of the Adaptive Department.
- Implements developmentally appropriate program curriculum and coordinates supplies for designated program(s).
- Facilitates socialization, participation and interaction of all participants through active involvement in safe, fun and developmentally appropriate activities; provides adaptations based on individual needs and utilizes positive behavior guidance techniques with participants. Ensures accountability and becomes familiar with individual participant needs.
- Trains, schedules and provides guidance to Adaptive program employees and volunteers as needed under the direction of the Adaptive Coordinator. Reports any performance concerns or policy violations to supervisor immediately. Covers open shifts and ensures substitutions are filled.
- Assists with management of Area and State Special Olympics participation. Maintains proper records/department files.
- Transports participants safely in YMCA or rented vehicles to activities and events.
- Assists in ensuring program operates within budget and follows budgeting policies and procedures. Manages and tracks participant funds and spending while in program.
- Knows and understands department policies and is able to clearly explain said information to members.
- Increases member retention by creating personalized member experiences and positive relationships with and among members, staff, volunteers and/or guests. Creates a supportive and uplifting community environment.
- Maintains an organized, healthy and safe environment by returning all supplies and equipment to its appropriate place. Performs required equipment, facility and vehicle safety, cleanliness and maintenance checks, takes the necessary precautions to prevent accidents, and reports any concerns to supervisor.
- Ensures the safety of all members and guests. Knows/reviews all safety rules and emergency procedures. Promotes and enforces safe behaviors and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Completes related reports as required.
- Communicates clearly and professionally with members, guests, supervisor, and co-workers as needed. Respects the confidentiality of all members, volunteers and staff at all times. Responds to all agency, parent and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Supports, participates and promotes employee, volunteer and member engagement in the Annual Campaign and other fundraising activities.
- Follows all policies and procedures as set forth in the YMCA of Dane County Employee Handbook and Code of Conduct.
- Acts as a positive role model while implementing YMCA healthy living policies, character development and the four core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least one year related experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred.
- At least one year experience related to defined program area is preferred. Knowledge of rules, regulations and guidelines of sport required.
- Requires ability to professionally and effectively communicate with members, staff and supervisors; maintain confidentiality and exchange accurate information.
- Requires ability to effectively interact with, lead, and motivate members who have a variety of abilities and needs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and reliable transportation for travel when required.
- Possess or obtain within the indicated time frame the following certifications and keep all certifications current:
- CPR/AED and First Aid certification required within 30 days of hire.
- YOrientation, Child Abuse Prevention, Blood Borne Pathogen training required within 60 days of hire.
- Special Olympic Coach certification required before the beginning of related sport season.
Pay Rate: $12.00/hour
Hours: Varies depending on sessions, some weekends
Contact for more details or send completed application to:
Email: [email protected]
East YMCA, 711 Cottage Grove Drive, Madison, WI 53716
The YMCA of Dane County is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, handicap, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable state law.
Please apply online at https://ymcadanecounty.org/work | top
How to Fill Out Application
- Download & print application.
- Fill out all required information
- Mail to appropriate address listed in job description OR scan and email to appropriate contact.