YMCA OF DANE COUNTY VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
The Group Fitness Ambassador
An Ambassador is a volunteer whose primary function is to connect, engage and build relationships with others.
In general, within the Y an Ambassador is:
Group Fitness Ambassador Summary:
Assist other members in becoming more connected to the Y by welcoming them, encouraging their participation in group fitness classes and other Y activities, and introducing them to staff and other members.
Group Fitness Ambassador Qualifications:
Must be a current, active member with general knowledge of the Y who regularly attends a group fitness class. Should be friendly, outgoing, and able to communicate personal Y experiences.
Group Fitness Ambassador Essential Functions:
- ‘Adopt’ new and ‘less connected’ members
- Greet and welcome members in group fitness program area and/or lobby nearby
- Introduce and connect members to staff/instructor and other members in class
- Assist new participants with equipment ‘set-up’ and class basics
- Answer general questions about the Y (where is ChildWatch, how do I use the lockers, etc.)
- Help educate members on class etiquette (clean equipment after class, in and out doors, etc.)
- Promote upcoming events and activities
- Recognize and follow up with members who stop coming
- Share personal Y experiences and Y stories collected from others with new or ‘less connected’ members
Group Fitness Ambassador Trainings Offered:
New Staff Orientation
Group Fitness Ambassador Attire Offered:
Y Ambassador T-Shirt
Contact for more details:
Julie Tokheim - (608) 478-4316
Wendy Broekema - (608) 276-6606
How to Fill Out Application
Download application by clicking.
Print application and fill out accordingly.
Mail in application to appropriate address listed in description of open position OR scan application and email to appropriate person.