Invest in Your Community
Why should I give to the Y?
When you give to the YMCA of Dane County, 100% of your gift is used for financial assistance and program subsidies. Your gift helps those who cannot otherwise benefit from Y programs, such as:
- Chronic Disease Support & Prevention
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Afterschool Care & Camp
- Youth Sports & Swim Lessons
- Senior Programs
- Teen Programs
I already pay membership fees. Isn't that considered a donation?
Membership fees cover our operating and administrative costs, including:
- Utilities & Occupancy
- Facility & Pool Maintenance
- Equipment & Technology
- Salaries & Services
Your gift enriches lives and ensures that no one is turned away
How do you use funds raised in the Annual Campaign?
We use contributed funds in several ways:
- To subsidize many programs such as YMCA Afterschool Child Care and Youth Sports, in order to increase affordability and access
- To provide direct financial assistance for those who cannot afford program and membership fees
- To expand existing programs, particularly in underserved communities
- To provide start-up funds for community programs