Come On In, the Water's Fine!
Adults looking to challenge themselves without stress on their joints or members who just enjoy the water can take advantage of our different water exercise classes. Instructors lead small groups through water aerobics, core strengthening and much more. Gain muscle conditioning and cardiovascular endurance from the aerobic choreography and the resistance of the water. Ideal for all fitness levels & non-swimmers.
All Water Fitness programs are for members ages 13 and up. Drop in classes are free and do not require registration.
AVAILABLE FREE WATER FITNESS PROGRAMS
- Churn up the white water in this challenging, yet fun shallow water workout. Cardio, strength, flexibility - this class has it all. Maximize your training efforts against the resisted properties of the water and enjoy an exercise session that lessens the impact on your joints.
- Join us for a pool party workout. Water-based movements that adhere to the Zumba fusion of Latin, Hip Hop and International music.
- Deep Water Workout
- Exercise against the resistance of water for an outstanding aerobic workout. Flotation belts provided. Non-swimmers welcome!
Gentle Water Exercise
- Low intensity exercise for new exercisers, active older adults and anyone looking to strengthen and stretch in the pool. Non-swimmers welcome!
- A class focused on hip and cardio health mixed with interval training to maximize your workout. This water class will push your body to the limit working legs, abs, arms and heart. This class is perfect for runners, athletes and non-athletes that want a well rounded workout. It is designed to work on improving your cardio health using the resistance of the waters current.
- High-energy, low-impact workout for all fitness levels. Non-swimmers welcome!
- Newest aqua exercise workout that provides a low impact, high-energy challenge for participants of all ages, skill and fitness levels.
Download the YMCA of Dane County mobile app for up to date schedules & class listings!